A Chinese woman is dead after she was killed by her iPhone. According to the Chinese press Jobs Mob is investigating the incident which happened when the woman was killed by an electric shock when answering a call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging.
Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from China's western Xinjiang region and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was electrocuted when she took a call on the charging mobile telephone. Apple said that it was deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. “We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter," Apple said in an e-mail. Apple declined to comment on details, such as whether this had ever happened before.
Ma's sister tweeted on Sina's microblog saying that Ma collapsed and died after using her charging iPhone 5. She urged Apple users to be careful in a message that went viral on the site.
Apple is having a few problems in China. It recently had to say sorry and alter iPhone warranty policies after its after-sales service suffered more than two weeks of condemnation by the state-run media.